What Is Accredited Family Law Specialist?
Patricia is an Accredited Family Law Specialist. This means that she has applied to the Queensland Law Society for accreditation. To be eligible for accreditation in Family Law a Solicitor must:
- Be a member of the Queensland Law Society.
- Hold a current Practising Certificate.
- Have been engaged in full-time legal work for at least five (5) years following their date of admission to practice.
- Be able to demonstrate substantial involvement in Family Law over the past three (3) years.
The Solicitor applying to become an Accredited Family Law Specialist must then take the following steps:-
- Nominate three (3) referees who can attest to their competence and involvement in the area of family law.
- Successfully complete a prescribed assessment program. There are three (3) parts to the assessment program being:
- A mock file and portfolio of documents;
- A written examination;
- A simulated client interview.
To gain accreditation candidates must achieve a pass result in all three (3) parts of the assessment program.
Patricia became an Accredited Family Law Specialist in 1999.
Leave a Response